You are searching about Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State, today we will share with you article about Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State is useful to you.
The Differences Between Glitz and Natural Beauty Pageants
This week I got the same question from two different moms whose daughters both want to be Miss America one day.
What is the difference between glossy and natural beauty pageant and which one do I recommend?
Glitter and natural pageants can help young girls develop confidence and stage presence in a fun environment; but there are great differences between the brilliant and the natural world of the spectacle. To understand where my perspective is coming from, let me first point out that the two young women want to compete in the Miss America system. Second, I am a specialized natural pageant coach with my expertise in resume writing, interview/communication skills, and positive self-image development.
The pageant systems that fall under this category are National Miss America (NAM), Coed American Pageant (COED), Miss International Junior (IJM), National Teen Pageant of America (ANTSO), Cinderella, America’s Extraordinary Teen, Miss America, Teen-World, Miss USA, Mrs. America, Ms. The United States and Mrs. There are many more, but this is a sampling of the systems known to people within the pageant world.
- In general, the makeup guideline for children under 12 is zero. Some will only allow mascara and lip gloss on stage under the bright light. Makeup used on teenagers and women is to enhance natural beauty, not to become the focal point or make them look like someone they are not. The same goes for hairstyles. Always be sure to check with your director about the specifics of your contest.
- The dressing is tasteful and shiny; but it’s not overly fancy. Clothing is usually bought off the rack in a store and subtly embellished or tailored by the competitor to reflect their own sense of personality and style. The wardrobe is to always bring attention back to the girl who is wearing it. Not vice versa.
- The modeling style for the dress is elegant and relaxed. Arms and hands are close to your body moving in natural opposition (when you step forward with your right foot, your left arm is moving forward and so on).
- Facial expressions are natural with eye energy and a smile to match.
- Communication skills are developed through a stage presentation, personal interview and stage question.
Who does well in natural contests? Contestants who love to talk, are skilled in an artistic talent, have good grades, have a charitable cause they are passionate about, and are strong individuals tend to excel in natural pageants. These skills can easily be transferred to life outside of the competition stage.
There are many glitz pageants across the country. If your child is blessed with facial beauty, then this may be the place to start. Glitz competitions provide the opportunity for young children to get used to being on stage before speaking.
- In glitter pageants, you will see the use of hairdos, heavy make-up, deep spray tans, false teeth (called flips), false eyelashes and colored contacts worn by most contestants .
- The dress for the pageant is usually the short dress with a cake skirt. A cupcake dress is a dress that is a few inches above the knee, has multiple layers of lace, and is very flowy and stunning. Most of the dresses you see on the TV show Toddlers and Tiaras are cupcake dresses and are filmed at glitz pageants.
- Glitz competitions have their own style of modeling. Due to the sheer bottom of the cake, contestants learn to walk with their hands held away from their bodies with their fingertips gently curved around the outside of their dress. When they walk, their arms do not move in the natural contralateral way. Instead, they move in the same direction (if you step out with your right foot, your right arm moves slightly with it).
- Facial expressions tend to be exaggerated with lots of batting, head tilting from side to side and blowing kisses.
- The opportunity to develop oral communication skills is limited to glossy competitions. If the contestant does speak, it is short or just to say her name, age and where she is from. This may be because most contestants are infants and toddlers whose speech is not yet developed. Again, the focus is on outer beauty.
Who does well in the shiny races? Contestants who really enjoy dressing up to create new personas on stage will love the glitter pageants. The crowns are bigger than the child’s head and the trophies are twice their height. There are usually many prizes as well.
Just make sure your child can tolerate their hair being teased, eyelashes glued on and wearing heavy makeup. Glitz pageants are high maintenance and expensive. They are very popular and easy to find for children under the age of 5.
Because the glitz environment is all about creating an illusion, it is difficult, but not impossible, for children who have only done glitz competitions to successfully transition to natural competitions as they get older. Modeling style, limited speech experience and facial expressions learned at a young age are difficult habits to break.
So to answer the second part of the question about what type of pageant would I recommend, since these two little girls want to be Miss America one day (and the 10 year old doesn’t want to be) I would say t We adhere to natural competition systems.
Video about Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State
You can see more content about Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State
If you have any questions about Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State
Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State
way Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State
tutorial Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State
Moved To New State And Do Not Miss Old State free
#Differences #Glitz #Natural #Beauty #Pageants